Discover a new light salad that leaves a very fresh taste on the palette.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups packed flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup packed small basil leaves
- 1 cup packed 1-inch chive pieces
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 2 Belgian endives, separated into leaves or halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- Chive or sage blossoms, for garnish (optional)
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the lime juice and zest; season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, mix the herbs with the endives. Add the dressing, toss and garnish with the chive blossoms; serve.
Courtesy Food & Wine Magazine.