- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 litre filtered water
- 2 teaspoons wheat-free vegetable bouillon powder
- 8 tablespoons millet
- 1 large romaine lettuce, washed and roughly shredded
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil or fresh parsley
Heat the oil with a little water in a large saucepan. Add garlic & onion and cook for 3 ” 4 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 2 mins.
Add 1 litre of water, together with bouillon powder and millet. Bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15 mins or until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife.
Add the lettuce and cook for 2 ” 3 mins or until just wilted. Allow to cool before blending in a food processor or with a hand held blender until smooth, along with half of the fresh chervil or fresh parsley.
Return to the pan to re-heat, adding a little water if necessary. Divide between warmed soup bowls and serve garnished with the remaining fresh chives or fresh parsley.
382 calories, 5.88g dietary fiber, 11.87g protein.