Trying to find more uses for celery as its a fave in our household and super healthy. Try this
Hello All –
Though it’s been quite sometime since I’ve updated this blog, I certainly haven’t neglected to eat lean and continue to experiment with new recipes, some original, some modified from other cooks’ creations.
My goal is to step it up and bring this site back to life as its only purpose was to share recipes with friends and family (this site rarely gets outside hits).
With FaceBook, I’ve been able to get other comments and foodie tips and I want to bring those contributions to the site. If you have suggestions, tips for families on a budget, anything, let me know and we can share with all!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 shallots, chopped (or 1 medium yellow onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 whole fresh rosemary sprig (can omit, I like for flavoring but remove before serving)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth for a vegetarian dish)
- 1/2 instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped lettuce (any kind will do, I like spring mix lettuce for colouring)
- Salt and PEpper
- Optional garnish: Worcester or low-sodium soy sauce*
Visit Thibeaults Table to enter to win a supercool cutting board. Canadian style.
What’s in your herb garden? We have fresh basil, chives, parsley and oregano. We used to have my favorite, cilantro, but it wasn’t hardy enough in this hot climate. Cilantro it is my number one ingredient to add an extra fresh taste to salsas, salads and other cold dishes.