- Looking for a good cooking magazine that has recipes for REAL food? Try Clean Eating Magazine.
- Low-fat, packaged diet foods ARE NOT always real food! I thought I was doing everything right with diet meals but I think I did more harm than good. The weight only started to come off when I started to cook like our grandparents did.
- Read the list of ingredients! Think twice about a food product if you can’t pronounce an ingredient or have no idea what it is.
- Use the net to find ways to use what you already have in the cupboard. Allrecipes.com and cleaneatingmag.com are great starting points. Invite other foodie bloggers to share their tips.
- Stay away from standard table salt. Kosher salt’s distinct crystals deliver more even taste, in both cooking and seasoning.
- Use chili pepper or paprika as a garnish by sprinkling at the edges of your serving and entrée plates to instantly dress up a meal.
- Try using unsweetened condensed cow’s or goat’s milk in place of heavy cream in your recipes to reduce fat and cholesterol yet maintain a rich, creamy flavor.
- In place of mayo or sour cream go for low-fat or non-fat Greek style yogurt.
- Still enjoy the foods you love! I still have half-and-half in my coffee, and damn it, I just love it!